Recommended Reading List
The Letters of Paul
2. Commentaries – detialed explanatory notes about the meaning of the Scripture, usually verse by verse
3. Monographs & Articles – single topic or thematic explorations within a given book
* Availability/Affordability – All the items listed are generally accessible at a reasonable cost. There might be better sources written but if they are out of print or cost prohibitive, they are not listed here (with exceptions).
In this Reading List
1. General Works on Paul’s Letters
1. Introduction to Paul & His Leters
* Paul in Fresh Perspective by NT Wright (Fortress Press: 2009).
* According to Paul. Studies in the Theology of the Apostle by Joseph A Fitzmyer (Paulist Press: 1993).
* Paul and His Letters by Leander E Keck (Proclamation Commentaries, Fortress Press: 1988).
The First Urban Christians. The Social World of the Apostle Paul by W. A. Meeks (Yale University: 2003)
^ Paul the Apostle, Jew and Greek Alike by Romano Penna (Volume 1, Liturgical Press, 1996).
^ Paul the Apostle, Wisdom and Folly of the Cross by Romano Penna (Volume 2, Liturgical Press, 1996).
* Romans by Brendan Byrne (Sacra Pagina 6, The Liturgical Press: 2007). [commentary]
* The Story of Romans by Katherine Grieb (Westminster John Knox Press: 2002). [commentary
3. 1st & 2nd Corinthians
* Galatians by Frank J Matera (Sacra Pagina 9, The Liturgical Press: 1992). [commentary]
* Philippians by Stephen Fowl (Two Horizons NT Commentary, Eerdmans Publishing: 2005). [commentary]